Thursday, August 26, 2010

Poem from a Friend

I wanted to share this poem that my friend Suha has posted on her blog. I met Suha when I was pregnant with Raef, she was pregnant with her sweet little girl Nadia Miriam. Our social worker from Vandy was giving Scott and I a tour of the hospital and Suha and her husband Tommy were also taking the tour. We didn't talk much through the tour we cried a lot and had no idea we were both going through the exact same thing. Towards the end Suha asked me what was wrong with our baby so instead of saying the medical term for it I just went ahead and gave the explanation because everyone asks what is that? So as I was starting to explain she said Hypoplastic Right Heart?? I was like YES and she told me that her daughter has the exact same thing! I know I shouldn't be excited because of this, but it felt so good to have someone understand you completely. I asked for her phone number and email, I chickened out on calling I just didn't know what to say!! I knew that her baby was also due in May so once we were in the hospital I asked our Social worker if they were there and how they were doing. She told me that she couldn't tell me anything because of hippa, but that she would talk to them and see if it was ok to get us back in touch. Of course it was, and we visited each other a few times in the hospital. We now talk every couple days on the phone or through emails and I have been so blessed to have her to compare notes with! God works in such great ways!! She has become one of my very best friends even though she lives 5 hours away!! Her little girl is doing amazing! It is so awesome how these tiny babies are so tough!! So here is the poem she has on her site I warn you, you will cry!!

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live on earth, and be born. One of the sweetest angels says to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you". He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that he is just going for a visit. He is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about if you leave half of your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says, "I guess that will work". But the little angel is still a little scared. He asks,"Will I be okay with only half of my heart?" Jesus replies,"Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the angel more details about his plan. He says "When you are born, your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember that I have the other half of your heart". "Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday." "And when its time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

No comments:

Post a Comment