Thursday, September 16, 2010

Time is moving on!

I know I said I would try harder to update, but I guess I haven't tried hard enough!! A lot has happened over the past couple weeks. All good for the most part! Olivia had a special visitor at our house two weeks ago....the TOOTH FAIRY!! She was so excited, she even let me pull the tooth without a flinch. Apparently the Tooth Fairy is very wealthy she gives 10 dollars for the first the tooth now a days (according to Scott anyway). She is loving kindergarten! I am so blessed to have such an outgoing child that can make new friends anywhere she goes. She started riding the bus home on Monday, she really thinks she is hot stuff! She is only on the thing for maybe 2 minutes :). She thinks it is so cool.....for now anyway!

Raef is doing really well. We went today for his 4 month vaccinations, which is not fun at all. He doesn't do that bad, he actually hates the car seat more than the shots. He had a horrible week last week, he cried all the time was spitting everything up and was very gassy. We took him to a gastrologist on Monday and she raised his dose of Nexium and said keep using Mylicon drops (which I think they should be worth more than gold). It has seemed to help. He is smiling a lot more and yesterday found his arm! Although he is still pretty irritable, I can see the light and the end of the tunnel. We go next week to the cardiologist to have an echo, Dr. Madhok is going to send that one over to Vandy and get there take on it. It is looking like surgery will be the first week of November...NERVOUS!!!

On October 31 the American Heart Association is having a walk at ETSU mini dome. They got in contact with us through our cardiologist and asked if we would be the "spokes family" for children this year! I was so excited!! So many times everyone focuses on adults with heart disease, not children. It will be a great opportunity to spread some awareness.

We are going to have our family pictures on the 25th, I can't wait! I will at some point figure out how to put more pictures on here so I can let everyone see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment